Pulumi in Practice: Cloud Engineering in AWS with Python
DURATION: 2 hours
In this workshop, we’ll examine how Pulumi can rapidly accelerate provisioning of cloud infrastructure. We’ll examine some important Pulumi concepts, and show how Pulumi’s unique programming model can super-charge your cloud engineering efforts.
Attendees will be guided through the process of provisioning cloud resources in AWS and see real time examples of how Pulumi’s innovative programming model helps turbocharge cloud engineering.
People just getting started with Pulumi, who are familiar with Pulumi basics and have followed the getting started information.
Attendees should be familiar with Pulumi and have the Pulumi CLI installed on their machine. Attendees should have access to an AWS account, temporary AWS accounts will be provided to users on a first come, first served basis.
- Lee BriggsCommunity Engineer, Pulumi
- Yaniv BossemPartner Solutions Architect, DevOps at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Join us to learn:
- How to provision AWS resources with Pulumi
- Understanding Pulumi’s auto-naming
- Understanding a Pulumi cloud resource
- Setting required AWS config values
- The Pulumi programming model
- Pulumi Inputs, Outputs
- Declarative vs Imperative
- An introduction to Apply
- Grouping Pulumi resources with ComponentResources
- Importing existing AWS resources
Recording Coming Soon!
This live webinar is no longer available. The recording will be posted to this page when it is available.
Get Started with Pulumi:
- Create an AWS S3 Bucket then modify the bucket to host a static website.
- Create an Azure Resource Group and Storage Account, then export the storage account’s connection string.
- Create a Google Cloud Storage Bucket and apply labels to that bucket.
- Create a Kubernetes NGINX deployment and add a config value for MiniKube deployments.
- More topics and tutorials.
Pulumi helped Learning Machine deliver a more agile, streamlined DevOps experience for the benefit of their customers, with significant reductions in code and boilerplate.View the case study »
Learn how Pulumi's cloud native development platform provides a single model for building and deploying infrastructure as code.Download the ebook »