Deploy the ztncui helm chart on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)TypeScript
To deploy a Helm chart on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) with Pulumi, you'll follow these steps:
- Create a GKE cluster.
- Configure Kubernetes for Pulumi, which allows Pulumi to communicate with your cluster.
- Use the Pulumi's Kubernetes provider to deploy the Helm chart.
Below is the Pulumi TypeScript program that accomplishes these steps:
Step 1: Create a GKE Cluster
First, you need to create a GKE cluster where your Helm chart will be deployed. We'll use the
google-native.container/v1.Clusterresource for this. The resource allows you to define a GKE cluster by specifying details like the initial number of nodes, the type of machine, networking settings, and more. You may adjust these specifications as per your requirements.
Step 2: Configure Kubernetes for Pulumi
Once the cluster is created, we will obtain the kubeconfig from GKE, which is required by Pulumi's Kubernetes provider to interact with your cluster.
Step 3: Deploy the Helm Chart
Finally, we deploy the ztncui Helm chart to the GKE cluster using
kubernetes.helm.v3.Chartresource, which represents a Helm chart in a Pulumi program. The settings for the Helm chart, such as the version and values, can be configured in this step.
Here's the complete program:
This program does the following:
- It defines a GKE cluster with a specific machine type and OAuth scopes.
- After the cluster is created, it dynamically generates the kubeconfig needed to communicate with the cluster.
- It creates a new instance of a Helm chart, which points to the ztncui chart that you want to deploy.
To use this Pulumi program:
- Install Pulumi and set up the GCP CLI.
- Save this code in a file with a
.tsextension in a new directory.
pulumi upfrom within that directory to create the GKE cluster and deploy the Helm chart.
"ztncui"with the actual chart name if different, and specify the Helm chart repository and version if it's not in the stable repository or you want to use a specific version. You may also pass configuration values to the chart using the
valuesproperty in the