Deploy the zookeeper-3Nodes helm chart on Digital Ocean Kubernetes ServiceTypeScript
To deploy the
zookeeper-3NodesHelm chart on Digital Ocean Kubernetes Service using Pulumi, we'll need to perform a few steps:
- Create a new Kubernetes Cluster in Digital Ocean.
- Deploy the Helm chart for Zookeeper onto the cluster.
Let's break down the steps involved.
Step 1: Create a Digital Ocean Kubernetes Cluster
Firstly, we'll create a Kubernetes cluster using the
digitalocean.KubernetesClusterresource. This will set up a cluster in your specified region with the node pool configuration that you need, such as the number of nodes and the size (the machine type) for each node.
Here's how you do it:
- Import the required Pulumi and Digital Ocean packages.
- Create a Kubernetes cluster.
- Define the node pool with the desired size and number of nodes.
Step 2: Deploy the Helm Chart
After the cluster is up and running, we can deploy the Zookeeper Helm chart using the
kubernetes.helm.v3.Chartclass from Pulumi's Kubernetes provider. This will pull the chart from the specified Helm chart repository and deploy the resources it describes.
Here's what's needed:
- Import the Pulumi Kubernetes package.
- Wait for the cluster to be ready.
- Use a
Chartresource to deploy Zookeeper, specifying the chart name and repository.
Now, I'll provide you with the full Pulumi program written in TypeScript to perform these actions.
How to Use the Provided Code
You would need to follow the steps below:
- Save the code to a file, for example
- Ensure you've Pulumi installed and configured with your Digital Ocean access token.
pulumi upto preview and deploy the changes.
kubeconfigexported will allow you to interact with your Kubernetes cluster using
kubectlor any Kubernetes-aware tool. The
zookeeperEndpointvariable is set to export the endpoint of your Zookeeper deployment, which you can use to connect to your Zookeeper cluster.
As a novice, after deploying the stack, you might want to:
- Check the status of the resources via the Pulumi Console or CLI.
- Investigate the resources created in the Digital Ocean dashboard.
- Learn more about Helm charts and Kubernetes deployments.
Remember, Helm charts can have configuration values you can set to customize your deployment, so you might need to fine-tune the
valuesobject in the Helm chart deployment to suit the specifics of the