Deploy the zookeeper-helm-chart helm chart on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)TypeScript
To deploy the
zookeeper-helm-chartHelm chart on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), we'll first ensure that a GKE cluster is up and running. Then we will install the Helm chart onto that cluster. We'll proceed with the following steps using Pulumi with TypeScript:
Provision a GKE Cluster: We need a Kubernetes cluster where our Helm chart will be deployed. We'll use the
google-native.container.v1.Clusterresource to create a new GKE cluster.
Setup K8s Provider: Once our cluster is up, we'll configure the Kubernetes provider to connect to the GKE cluster. This provider facilitates the deployment of Kubernetes resources.
Deploy Helm Chart: We will use the
kubernetes.helm.v3.Chartresource to deploy the
zookeeper-helm-chartonto our GKE cluster.
Here's a complete Pulumi program that accomplishes the deployment:
This program does the following:
- Defines a GKE cluster with the necessary OAuth scopes and node specifications. It sets the master and node versions to the latest available GKE versions.
- Exports the
kubeconfignecessary to interact with the cluster using kubectl or other Kubernetes tooling.
- Creates a
k8s.Providerresource that knows how to communicate with our GKE cluster using the exported
- Deploys the ZooKeeper Helm chart by specifying it with
k8s.helm.v3.Chart. This command fetches the specified version of the Helm chart from the Bitnami repository and installs it on the cluster associated with our Kubernetes provider.
- Exports the status of the ZooKeeper Helm chart release so we can confirm if it was deployed successfully.
To run this Pulumi program:
- Install Pulumi CLI and set up Google Cloud SDK (
- Authenticate with GCP and set the default project and zone.
- Install Node.js and npm to run the Pulumi program.
- Place the above code in a file named
npm installto install the necessary Pulumi and GCP packages.
pulumi upto execute the program.
Please replace the placeholders like
chart versionwith the actual version you wish to deploy or omit to use the latest. Also, ensure that your GCP project and zone are configured before running this program.
Also, note that provisioning GKE clusters and deploying Helm charts may incur costs in your GCP account, and appropriate billing setup should be ensured.