How long this tutorial will take depends on your internet connection, reading speed, and other factors. On average, this tutorial should take you about 25 minutes to complete.
You will need the following knowledge to complete this pathway:
- Completion of the Pulumi Fundamentals and Building with Pulumi pathways, OR have experience using Pulumi for other projects
Optionally, if you want to build some of the examples yourself to experiment, you’ll need the following tools and skills:
- A Pulumi account and token (If you don’t have an account, go to the signup page)
- An AWS account (the free version should be fine)
- Familiarity with either the TypeScript or Python programming language
About this pathway
In this pathway, we will explore how you can use Pulumi as a tool to help you abstract and encapsulate your resource definitions as reusable models for others to use.
In this pathway, you'll learn:
- Encapsulating Pulumi components
- Making reusable abstractions
- Building your own resources
- 3 topics
- About 25 minutes