Explore building a custom infrastructure API to embed Pulumi in other contexts.
How long this tutorial will take depends on your internet connection, reading speed, and other factors. On average, this tutorial should take you about 30 minutes to complete.
You will need the following tools to complete this pathway:
- A Pulumi account and token
- If you don’t have an account, go to the signup page.
- The Pulumi CLI
- If you don’t have the CLI, go to the installation page.
In addition, you should be able to
- code in Python
We recommend that you either have completed Pulumi Fundamentals and Building with Pulumi OR have experience using Pulumi for other projects.
About this pathway
In this pathway, we will explore how you could use Pulumi as an API for your infrastructure deployment and maintenance.
Note that this pathway will not have a specific application and infrastructure to stand up. Rather, we’re exploring the Pulumi system, so you can use either a code example of your own or one of ours.
In this pathway, you'll learn:
- Using the Automation API to build a custom API for your infrastructure
- Automating your infrastructure
- Integrating your infrastructure with other workflows
- 4 topics
- About 40 minutes
- Getting Started 5 minutes
- Building a Custom API 10 minutes
- Understanding Logging and Error Handling 10 minutes
- Using the Custom API 15 minutes