In this workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of Infrastructure as Code through a series of guided exercises using Pulumi’s Cloud Engineering platform. Join Pulumi and our friends from VirtusLab and AWS for an interactive session where you will be introduced to infrastructure as code concepts, and use the Java programming language to provision resources on AWS.
This workshop is designed to help users completely new to Pulumi to become familiar with the core concepts to be effective with the Pulumi Infrastructure as Code platform. We will guide you through the Pulumi platform with diagrams and a series of hands-on exercises to help you understand the building blocks available in Pulumi.
- Laura SantamariaDeveloper Advocate, Pulumi
- Marina NovikovaPartner Solutions Architect, AWS
- Paweł PrażakCloud Architect, VirtusLab
What you will learn:
- The fundamentals of Infrastructure as Code.
- Provision cloud resources on AWS.
- All about Pulumi Java support
Get Started with Pulumi
- Create an AWS S3 Bucket then modify the bucket to host a static website.
- Create an Azure Resource Group and Storage Account, then export the storage account’s connection string.
- Create a Google Cloud Storage Bucket and apply labels to that bucket.
- Create a Kubernetes NGINX deployment and add a config value for MiniKube deployments.