Cloud Engineering Concepts: Deploying Microservices with Pulumi and AWS Lambda
DURATION: 2 hoursWATCH NOW
In this workshop, we’ll examine how Pulumi can rapidly accelerate provisioning of cloud infrastructure. We’ll focus on AWS Lambda, and build an example set of microservices utilizing AWS’s newest Lambda features.
Attendees will be guided through the process of provisioning a set of example Lambda resources in AWS and see real time examples of how Pulumi’s innovative programming model helps turbocharge cloud engineering.
Active Pulumi users, and users building serverless applications that are familiar with Pulumi
Attendees should be familiar with Pulumi and have the Pulumi CLI installed on their machine. Attendees should have access to an AWS account, temporary AWS accounts will be provided to users on a first come, first served basis.
- Lee BriggsCommunity Engineer, Pulumi
- Yaniv BossemPartner Solutions Architect, DevOps at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Join us to learn:
- How-to provision a Lambda function in AWS
- How to provision infrastructure such as DynamoDB & API Gateway to support your microservice applications
- Learn how to take advantage of some of the newest Lambda features
Get Started with Pulumi:
- Create an AWS S3 Bucket then modify the bucket to host a static website.
- Create an Azure Resource Group and Storage Account, then export the storage account’s connection string.
- Create a Google Cloud Storage Bucket and apply labels to that bucket.
- Create a Kubernetes NGINX deployment and add a config value for MiniKube deployments.
- More topics and tutorials.
Pulumi helped Learning Machine deliver a more agile, streamlined DevOps experience for the benefit of their customers, with significant reductions in code and boilerplate.View the case study »
Learn how Pulumi's cloud native development platform provides a single model for building and deploying infrastructure as code.Download the ebook »