In this workshop, we’re going to learn more about cloud computing and Infrastructure as Code by exploring how to use Pulumi to build, configure, and deploy a real-life, modern application using Docker. We will create a frontend, a backend, and a database to deploy the Pulumipus Boba Tea Shop, and along the way, learn more about how Pulumi works to make managing all of these different moving pieces a little bit less painful!
- Matt StrattonStaff Developer Advocate, Pulumi
- Kat CosgroveStaff Developer Advocate, Pulumi
What you will learn:
- How to use YAML with Pulumi.
- How to provision Docker containers with Pulumi.
Get Started with Pulumi
- Create an AWS S3 Bucket then modify the bucket to host a static website.
- Create an Azure Resource Group and Storage Account, then export the storage account’s connection string.
- Create a Google Cloud Storage Bucket and apply labels to that bucket.
- Create a Kubernetes NGINX deployment and add a config value for MiniKube deployments.