It’s a new year and it’s time to level up your cloud engineering skills. Pulumi is there to get you started on your cloud engineering journey with workshops and technical sessions.
CI/CD Pipelines for Kubernetes Apps with Pulumi & Codefresh
To kickoff the year we start with a technical session that demonstrates how to continuously deliver both applications and provision infrastructure using Codefresh CI/CD. This session will demonstrate:
- The basics of CI/CD using Codefresh.
- How to declare cloud resources using Pulumi and your favorite programming languages.
- How to define a simple pipeline for Kubernetes deployments.
- Practical tests to ensure infrastructure reliability as part of your pipeline.
Taught by Pulumi and Codefresh engineers, you’ll receive a thorough understanding of CI/CD and infrastructure as code best practices.
Sign up for CI/CD Pipelines for Kubernetes Apps with Pulumi & Codefresh on January 21, 10:00 AM MST.
Intro to Pulumi
If you’re new to infrastructure as code, this workshop is for you. You will learn the fundamentals of Infrastructure as Code through a series of guided exercises using Pulumi’s Cloud Engineering platform. The workshop covers setting up Pulumi, an infrastructure as code platform that uses programming languages to provision modern cloud infrastructure.
This workshop is designed to help users completely new to Pulumi become familiar with the core concepts needed to be effective with the Pulumi Infrastructure as Code platform. We will guide through the Pulumi platform with diagrams and a series of hands on exercises to help you understand the building blocks available in Pulumi.
The workshop will cover the following topics.
- What is Pulumi?
- How to install Pulumi
- Configuring your development environment
- Choose your Pulumi language
- An introduction to the Pulumi state & the Pulumi console
- An introduction to Pulumi config
- Storing sensitive data in Pulumi securely
- Provision your first resources
- Understanding stacks
- An introduction to the Pulumi programming model
We have multiple workshops scheduled from January to March. Register for one today.
Jan 26: Intro to Pulumi, 9 AM PST Feb 9: Intro to Pulumi, 9 AM PST Feb 23: Intro to Pulumi, 9 AM PST March 9: Intro to Pulumi, 9 AM PST
Deploying Microservices with Pulumi and AWS Lambda
This serverless workshop demonstrates how Pulumi can accelerate provisioning of cloud infrastructure. The workshop shows how to build a set of microservices utilizing AWS’s newest Lambda features. Attendees will be guided through the process of provisioning a set of Lambda resources in AWS and see real time examples of how Pulumi’s innovative programming model helps turbocharge cloud engineering.
If you’re an active Pulumi user and building serverless applications this hands-on workshop is for you. You will learn:
- How to provision a Lambda function in AWS.
- How to provision infrastructure such as DynamoDB & API Gateway to support your microservice applications.
- How to take advantage of the newest Lambda features.
Sign up to learn about one of the major cloud technologies.
Building a Kubernetes Platform in Amazon EKS with Pulumi
Kubernetes is one of the major cloud technologies and in this hands-on workshop, we’ll examine how Pulumi works with Kubernetes through real-world examples of managing Amazon EKS clusters. We’ll focus on building a user-friendly Kubernetes platform, installing software that makes Kubernetes easy to use for application developers.
Attendees will be guided through the process of provisioning an Amazon EKS cluster and installing platform friendly software such as the aws load balancer controller. We’ll cover the following:
- How-to provision a production-ready Amazon EKS cluster with key features enabled using Pulumi
- Provisioning the aws-load-balancer-controller to automate ingress creation
- Install an example application to show the end-to-end user experience for users.
Get a solid foundation for provisioning Kubernetes clusters and applications by signing up.